There is a lot of activity in the banana household this Friday afternoon.
I’ve been doing a lot of this…
Food Prep! Unintended but with some extra time to spare around the house I made some brown rice, quinoa, roasted eggplant (for a later dinner) and roasted veggies…YUM. I had a hard time keeping my hand out of the roasted veggies…I chopped up some brussels sprouts, red/yellow/orange peppers, and onion…my favorites…topped with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
I also vacuumed around my apartment and am saving this bad boy for later…
Trash. Ew. No thanks.
True story. I have a broom but have not used it once since living in my apartment – I always vacuum the hardwood floors!
Backing up to this morning, I was in the gym earlier then I have been in months! I have been working out after breakfast, around 8 or 9 lately, but had to be at a volunteer opportunity at 8:45. I wanted to get my Day 53 Shoulders Workout in this morning so I could go on a run this afternoon.
I had some eggwhites (don’t think I could work out on an empty stomach anymore) and hit the gym at 6:50 AM. It took my body a second to wake up but the shoulders workout was killer.
I followed it up with a NEW protein flavor…Cocoa Mocha. YES PLEASE. It’s Elite Whey Protein I ordered the other day. I love it! I made a smoothie with protein powder, half a banana, chia, and some extra cocoa powder.
With the extra banana I made something I haven’t had in too long…
1/2 cup oats microwaved with 1/2 a smushed banana and 1 cup water. Topped with cinnamon, slivered almonds, and some unsweetened almond breeze.
Expect to see this more often 🙂
What to do when you don’t get too sweaty and don’t have time to wash your hair?
Beauty crisis averted.
To conclude my ramblings I thought I would include some fun fact questions Tina posted on her blog this morning….
- Favorite herb or spice to cook with: Cinnamon.
- Favorite item in my makeup bag: Clinique All About Eyes Concealer .. although my necessary product is mascara!
- Favorite item in my closet: Hmm.. Express Dark Flared Jeans or riding boots I got from Rack Room last year
- Best workout song on my iPod: All of the Lights by Kanye West
- Favorite aisle in the grocery store: Definitely produce…duh.
- Movie I’ve watched the most: Toughie…I’m not a big movie person…probably Charlie Brown Christmas or something that makes it into regular rotation in my life?
- Favorite ice cream flavor: Either peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough or strawberry cheesecake.
- Favorite sandwich:Oh avocado, turkey, sprouts, tomato, hummus, whole wheat bread.
Feel free to respond with your answers!