Hello! Another week has begun and I am having a great Monday. Okay, it wasn’t that special but I am super stoked because I didn’t have to work OR babysit tonight! I enjoyed cooking up a storm in the kitchen (lots of recipes to come) and am now watching Gossip Girl –> so silly, can’t believe I still tune in!
I have been loving my hair color still.
(btw, not to toot my own horn but I’m seeing more definition in my arms with my weight training!…score.)
And I decided just because it was Monday today, didn’t mean that I couldn’t enjoy myself so I splurged on a lunch time manicure.
For dinner tonight, I knew I wanted to use up this eggplant I’ve had but didn’t want to go out and buy anything from the store. After browsing some recipes, here is what I came up with!
Roasted Eggplant with Feta and White Beans
Serves: 1 Cook Time: 45 Minutes
1 small eggplant
1/2 small red onion diced
1/2 red pepper diced
2 tsp minced garlic
1/3 cup white beans
1/3 cup precooked quinoa
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Olive oil for brushing/frying
2 T reduced-fat feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray. Cut off top of eggplant, slice lengthwise in half, and cut 1 inch slits into eggplant flesh to create cross-marks like so…
2. Brush top of eggplant with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and place cross marks down on baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes until flesh is soft. (Flipped over they should look something like this.)
3. Meanwhile, dice onion and red pepper. Saute in splash of olive oil until both begin to soften. Add minced garlic, white beans, quinoa, red pepper, and oregano. Continue to heat through another couple of minutes.
4. Take eggplant out of oven and reduce heat to 350°F. Scoop out flesh and add to quinoa/bean mixture. Then layer mixture back into eggplant shell and top with feta cheese.
5. Cook in oven 10 minutes and enjoy!
Do you take time during the week to treat yourself? If not, treat yourself tomorrow!