I’ve still been stuck in my oatmeal and eggs breakfast routine. HELP. Today I changed things. Okay last night I started changing things… chocolaty overnight oats. Oh yeah, these will get anyone out of a breakfast rut.
Chocolaty Banana Overnight Oats
- 1 serving plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup dry oats (I used quick cooking)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I just eyeballed it)
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 2 T chopped nuts
- 1 T chia seeds (optional)
- 1 medium banana
1. The night before, combine the greek yogurt, oats, cinnamon, chia, and cocoa powder. You can add a splash of milk to get things stirring depending on the consistency you like.
2. In the morning, grab the mix and throw in the nuts (they get soggy if you put them in the night before).
3. Before eating, slice the banana and mix in! Feel free to add more milk now if you want too! Mine was super thick but it still tasted good.
Mmm, hard to resist eating it when you make it!
It is a great combination: protein from the yogurt, whole grains and fiber in the oats, omegas and fiber in the chia, healthy fats in the nuts, antioxidants in the cocoa, and b6 and vitamin C in the banana.
Okay funny fact: when I was searching how to spell “cuckoo” this story popped up on google about a man who was recently arrested for waiving a samurai sword while screaming “I’m cuckoo for cocoa puffs!”
here if you’re intrigued. ..Just when I thought I was going crazy….
What was your favorite cereal as a kid?
I didn’t eat cocoa puffs but I did love me some pops!