I saw this survey on Carrots ‘N’ Cake last week and thought I would play along!
Anna’s Adventures Fitness Survey
Five Fitness Things I Can’t Live Without:
- Set of Dumbbells and workout mat
- Nalgene water bottle
- Foam roller – I don’t think my I would be running this weekend if it wasn’t for foam rolling my IT band!
- Fitted capris and workout tank
- Workout ideas from blogs/magazines/websites
Most Embarrassing Song I Listen to While Working Out:
My playlist from last year includes Jonas Brothers “Burning Up” and Jessica Simpson “A Public Affair”
Favorite Pre-Workout Snack or Meal:
Before a race, I love a toasted Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin English muffin with peanut butter, banana, and a sprinkle of cinnamon for good measure.
On My Fitness Bucket List:
- Run a marathon … see ya’ at Rocket City Marathon this weekend!
- Do a Half Ironman Triathlon
- Get my personal trainer certification
- Get into Trail running…perhaps some ultra running
- Tough Mudder or other adventure style race
Must Have Tech Tools:
- Polar F7 Heart Rate Monitor..I’ve had it for a couple of years now and love it!
Top Exercise Gear:
- Mizuno Wave Rider 14 sneaks
- C9 Champion Seamless Cami Sports Bra
- Sugoi tri shorts
- CamelBak for biking
“Only those who risk going to far, can possibly find out how far one can go.”
“Why? Because no one said you couldn’t.”
Favorite Cardio Exercise:
- Interval training
- Spin class – (check out my advice!)
Favorite Strength Moves:
- Planks – basic, in/out plank, side plank, side with crunches…love ’em all
- Hammer Curls
I realized doing this how little ‘technical’ gear I have for working out! I like having music, but when I am out running I don’t use an iPod or anything. I will put on tv or music if I am working out in my apartment gym though. Triathlons can require a lot of gear but I don’t have anything too fancy and am not partial to a lot of my gear.
Do you have any fitness gear you couldn’t live without?!