I’ve been stuck in a huge breakfast rut. Oatmeal and eggs. Sure, a great combination of breakfast foods but reaching for the eggs this morning, I knew I had to switch it up. Enter a sweet breakfast treat….
MMM…Chocolate Protein Banana Oatmeal….
- Mash one small ripe banana in a bowl, add 1 cup water, and 1/2 cup raw oats (I used quick cooking).
- Stir and microwave 2 minutes.
- Stir in one serving of chocolate protein powder of choice (I used chocolate whey) and dash of cinnamon.
- Add toppings of choice like unsweetened coconut and a drizzle of peanut butter.
- Devour! Seriously..I ate this way too fast. Must make again tomorrow.
I also might have devoured it due to my early morning 3 miler run and upper body workout. I modified from Julie’s upper body circuit. I only changed a few things:
I completed the circuit all the way through then repeated 2 more times for a total of 3 times through!
Dumbbell chest press on exercise ball – 20 reps
Lat Pull Down – 15 reps
Push ups – 15
Bicep curls on exercise ball – 15 reps
Tricep extension on exercise ball – 15 reps
Front/side shoulder raises – 8/each for total of 16 reps
Dumbbell bent over row – 15 reps
Hammer curls – 15 reps
Do you get in a food rut? Any breakfasts you’ve been enjoying?!