So this morning I can’t have any caffeine (tea OR coffee) because I have to go in for follow-up testing for the graduate marathon study I am participating in. Remember when I went in for a body scan and VO2 Max testing? Shyeah, I have to do that again! Today I am just having the bone scan done and a few other muscles tests. Tomorrow morning I’ll strap on the headgear again for another thrilling run of death on the treadmill. I’ll be sure to let you know how they go…
Lately I have been downing hot tea like no ones business (even if it is an unseasonably warm 60 degrees). This morning it is so rainy and a nice mug of spiced black tea would really hit the spot. Ho hum, a girl can dream, and I’ll leave you with my reflections on tea instead…
Here are some reasons why I love tea:
- It helps fights the flu – okay, I have NO scientific evidence to back this up, but every time I start to feel a little under the weather, the extra fluids seems to help keep illness away. Something about the warmth is just an added bonus. You can keep your fancy-schmany antibiotics and I’ll take my tea.
- So many types and flavors – I love black tea in the morning (sometimes with a little milk and sugar) and herbal tea in the afternoon and evening. Mmm…vanilla chai, peppermint, and lemon are my new favorites.
- Warmth – there is nothing like a warm cup of tea in the fall and winter. It’s so soothing yet can be energizing at the same time.
- So cheap – I bring a travel mug and a couple of bags of tea to classes and help myself to free hot water at coffee/food venues around campus. If I buy a box of tea bags for $2.50 on sale then its only about 21 cents per cup of tea!
- Great alternative to calorie and sugar laden coffee drinks – Yes, there is nothing like a good peppermint mocha or pumpkin spice latte but those tend to have more calories and sugar then I like to drink. For everyday flavor, I reach for tea!
I picked up some new flavors at Trader Joe’s while visiting my sister….
All of these have great flavor … it’s like Christmas in a cup!
“If you are cold, tea will warm you. If you are too heated, it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you. If you are excited, it will calm you.” ~Gladstone, 1865
All this talk of tea, I might be making a run to starbucks on my way home from the testing 😉
Do you like tea? Any good flavors you have found?