I whipped this up for my sister and brother-in-law tonight using mostly what they had in their pantry and a few fresh touches. It can be easily modified to what ingredients you have on hand and what flavors you prefer.
Quick Kale and White Bean Pasta
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce (or use 2 can diced tomatoes)
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 T fresh basil chopped
- Parmesan to taste
- 8 oz. uncooked whole wheat angel hair pasta
- Bring pot of water to boil. Throw in pasta once water boils and cook to al dente. In the meantime…
- Saute chopped onion in olive oil until onion softens. Add garlic and sauté another minute or so.
- Add diced tomato and tomato sauce to pan. Throw in kale, white beans, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to flavor.
- Simmer about 5 minutes to let flavors blend.
- Toss pasta with sauce and add fresh basil and top with Parmesan (I used fresh shaved and it was delicious!)
- Serve with a side salad for an awesome and quick dinner!