….making banana waffles…pretending its the weekend…
I have a food lab all morning on Friday but I got up a little early today to make a special breakfast treat. I’ve perfected this recipe a bit and have come up with a solid recipe!
Blueberry Banana Protein Waffles
1/4 cup dry instant rolled oats
2 T flour of choice (I used kamut, whole wheat would be good too!)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 packet stevia
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup egg whites
2 T milk of choice (unsweetened vanilla almond breeze)
1/4 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
1/2 medium banana sliced
1. Combine dry ingredients: oats, flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, stevia.
2. Add wet ingredients: egg whites and milk.
3. Stir in blueberries and bananas.
4. Pour on waffle iron, cook, and watch out for overflow!
5. Top with favorite toppings like maple syrup, peanut butter, greek yogurt, etc!