Happy Friday! So many exciting things happening…
It is National Flip Flop Day! Break out that summer footwear.
This Sunday is Father’s Day. Be sure to send a card, get a present, or at least make a phone call.
I am going home today and going to the beach tomorrow. boo yah.
I have also been the worst blogger this week.
None the less, Here are 5 things for thought this Friday:
1. I finished Running the Rift by Naomi Benaron in about 3 days, a fictional story about a young runner in Rwanda It is amazingly good. It is the first book I’ve ever read that I am already thinking about reading it again.
Go buy one to read and 5 others for your friends, especially if they are athletes, interested in Rwanda, or just love a good story.
2. This is my favorite jam of the week: Wavin’ Flag by K’naan
3. Pending my upcoming vacation, I made this gem that has been in my freezer all summer for dinner last night.
Amy’s Indian Mattar Tofu.
Doesn’t look that exciting, does it?
Insert fresh ingredients.
I steamed some summer squash and added it to the mix. Perfect. The sauce had a nice flavor and there was plenty to add extra vegetables.
Much better. ‘Twas delicious.
4. I swam for 45 minutes yesterday! The longest since sometime last year? Good thing since I have a tri in a few weeks!
After I ate this salad.
Lettuce, tomato, carrots, and leftover Barley Chickpea Feta Salad with a side of corn on the cob.
Barley Chickpea Feta Salad.
-1 cup pearl barley
-1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
-1/4 cup feta
-4 T Italian vinaigrette of choice
-1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1. Cook pearl barley by adding 1 cup barley into 2 cups boiling water. Cover and simmer for about 35-45 minutes.
2. Once cooked, add in chickpeas, cucumber, feta, and dressing. Stir to combine.
3. Done and delicious
This would also be really good with tomatoes, olives, or artichokes.
5. It’s Breakfast Food Friday!
I finally restocked my cabinet with some unsweetened cocoa powder and have made my Chocolate Almond Joy Oatmeal 3 days in a row this week. Hey folks, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Yum. Go make this now.
I am hitting up Interval Fitness at noon and then hitting the road. See you at the beach!
So tell me 1 thing! What are you excited about this weekend?!